Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life Changing Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe!!

I don't care if you have your great-great-great grandmothers recipe for the cream cheese frosting she made with her home churned butter. You have to go downstairs pull out some basic ingredients and make this. Now.
So without further ado the ingredients:

Confectioners Sugar, Butter, Cream Cheese and Vanilla (treat yourself to the 10 dollar bottle of vanilla from Madagascar...it will help change your life)

Cream 8 oz. of cream cheese and 5 Tbsp of butter for a minute or two. Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla.

Then sift two cups of powdered sugar. I hate sifting. I think that my kitchen Aid will do all the work for me. But every time I sift the powder sugar because if this recipe came out wrong just once I might cry. So do yourself a favor and sift the powder sugar for my sake.

Add the sugar to the bowl and start at a slow speed then increase, otherwise you'll end up with powder sugar everywhere and you'll have to re-sift more. (It does not look like a lot because I only made half of the recipe because well I only had half a cake.) But keep whipping until light and fluffy and delicious.

There you have it...the BEST cream cheese frosting ever!
Perfect to add to a blended red velvet box cake to make awesome cake balls
(post and picture for those tomorrow!)

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
Ingredients:
1. 8 oz. COLD cream cheese
2. 5 Tbsp softened butter
3. 2 tsp vanilla
4. 2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Beat 8 oz. cold cream cheese (not rock solid, but it means you can use it straight out of the refrigerator) with 5 Tbsp. softened butter and 2 tsp. vanilla until combined. Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar that has been sifted after measuring. Continue to add more sifted powdered sugar until you reach a consistency and sweetness that fits your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails