Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

A little about me and Vitatop whoopie pie recipe

Not sure what the age group of my readers is, but being a 16 year old girl isn’t always easy. And being a healthy, skinny 16 year old girl is even harder. Now I am sure that some of the parents out there may find this shocking—forget drinking and drugs—one of the most difficult issues I face is staying thin (I am 5’8”½ and weigh about 115 pounds) which is perfect for me. Staying that way and eating all these delicious baked goods that I love to make is a lesson in eating and living healthy.

If you did not know, whoopie pies are one of my favorite desserts, unfortunately they do not have good nutritionals. During one of my browsings of Hungry-Girl I struck upon an idea and then I saw it debut in her new cookbook 200 Under 200. I decided to make this last night because my dad has a huge sweet tooth and I wanted to make something he could indulge in. This recipe is beyond simple and is a new way to eat those delicious VitaTops.

VitaTops are jaw dropping, mind-boggling, 100 calorie muffin tops. They come in so many different flavors and basically you can do anything with them. In Hungry-Girl's new book she has an entire chapter devoted to VitaTops, I love it!

To make these; cut a thawed VitaTop in half lengthwise. Top with 2-3 tablespoons of CoolWhip Free. Cover with other half and wrap in seran wrap. Freeze for about 1 hour (or until frozen) Then serve or eat immediately. (the chocolate chips in the above picture fell out when i was cutting it so I tossed them right in to the CoolWhip.)Each "whoopie pie" contain about 115-125 calories, depending on the amount of CoolWhip Free used.

This recipe had the HG stamp of approval (love her!)

with love and cupcakes,
CookTeen

2 comments:

  1. Whoopie pie doesn't sound like something I would want to eat. But it does look good.

    I have a giveaway at theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar – ends Friday at 10 pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try these--sounds like they will work with my diet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails