Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Food for Preseason!

Now that I am up to date with all of my posts I am going to be introducing something a little but different...How I really eat on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I eat what I bake but in moderation. Field Hockey preseason started and the night before I took a quick run to the A&P for foods I can eat before and during practice. Here's a glace at what my diet will consist of for the next week:I'm gonna be a rebel and start right to left.

For breakfast I have two bowls of honey nut Cheerio's with cut up banana. I do measure out 3/4 of a cup each time. And each bowl has half of a banana.

First we go to the pool. After the pool we go straight to the field for about 2 and a half hours. So in between I have ANOTHER banana and sometimes a Special K bar. But usually I have that between our running and our stick work.

After practice I am pretty hungry so right after food shopping I chopped up a salad.
These are the best cucumbers to buy. They come about 5 in a package and are a perfect single serving. If making a salad you can use 2-3 and they don't get mushy.
Cut up some red bell peppers. Just a rough chop, not too fine.
Peel and cut up the cucumbers as well. Since they are small, there is no need to cut them in half.
Now for the lettuce. Usually my family buys packages of lettuce heads but there were pre-cut lettuce bags on sale and it makes life a lot easier.
Now just toss the bag of lettuce into a tupperware, and toss in the peppers and cucumbers as well. I also added some slices of turkey cut up for protein. Also the night before my dad grilled corn. Grilled corn is the best thing in salad, crunchy and sweet--all you do is slice it off and toss it into the salad.

I was able to just scoop some salad into a bowl and eat it whenever. It was really nice having it readily available instead of having to do all of that at once.
To add some carbs to this I counted out 8 wheat thins (half of a serving size) and ate those on the side.

For lunch I love veggie burgers, Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie are the best. Before field hockey started I normally ate the veggie burger without any bun. But I bought sandwich thins from Arnold and they are really good. Only 100 calories and the size is perfect. Highly recommended.

Lastly is Cliff Bars. Cliff Bars are not a snack if you are not exercising. They deliver a high amount of protein and energy but they are pretty high in calories...average is about 240. But they do come in a variety of delicious flavors and can make a good breakfast if you are on the run. But personally, I find they do not fill me up enough for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails