Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vermonster and Halloween!


Because it's Thursday. Because my game was cancelled. And because I'm eating pumpkin cookies and coffee, I am going to show you guys a little more about me.

You guys know that I'm sixteen years old and that I love to bake...obviously. But did you know that I ate a vermonster?! Say what? Yes a Vermonster. A Vermonster is twenty scoops of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, 4 ladles of hot fudge, whipped cream, 3 cookies and a choice of 4 toppings. I also rememeber it having a banana but maybe they've change it since I ate it last summer.
6 girls beat 6 guys in how fast we could eat a Vermonster. That's a little sad for the guys, but it could be because a lot of it ended up on us rather then in our bellies?

That's me "chugging" some of the ice cream as it began to melt. I'm actually very proud of this accomplishment!

There's something about a Vermonster which just makes me think of Halloween. Maybe its the amount of sugar or the fact that monsters are halloween-y.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays…after all it’s all about dressing up, candy and making fun desserts! As you may or may not know my mom was one of the creators of the series Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee on Food Network and many years ago, when I was just 11, they shot one of the episodes on my street because we have a small, historic grave site on our block and my mom thought it would be fun to film the beginning and the end of the episode there.
The best part is that she let me and some of my friends be in the show! The episode airs again on Foodnetwork, October 21st at 2pm est, check it out if you want to catch a glimpse of me as a munchkin!

I've been extremely busy between school work and the County Tournament for Field Hockey but I have been baking! Just not posting as often as I would like. I will be posting lots of Halloween and Pumpkin recipes as well as Apple Pies on a stick, Chocolate chip cupcakes, Grandmas Cheesecake, Oreo Brownies and many more...

Stay tuned for some really yummy recipes and keep in touch and let me know if you see the episode and if you recognize me!

With love and cupcakes,
CookTeen

2 comments:

  1. A vermonster?! Impressive stuff! I'll keep my eyes peeld for the episode!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails