Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Countdown...Day 5 Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars With Chocolate Topping

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar with Chocolate Topping


I had some ups and downs in the kitchen today.  I started the morning really excited to make Dorie Greenspans Sweet Potato Biscuits, but that turned into a disaster, the biscuits just didn't work for me, not sure what I did wrong...but I had to move on, too much still to do.


A little upset, I decided to make something that would make me happy, another pumpkin recipe.  I found these in the cookie magazine that we have been using from Better Homes and Gardens, see below for this and all 100 cookie recipes!

Since I am now a little behind in my cooking and baking, and have school tomorrow,  I am going to just get right to it!

This is what you will need to get started!

Ingredients
  • 1/2  cup butter
  • 1  17.5-ounce package oatmeal cookie mix
  • 2  8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1-3/4  cups sugar
  • 3  eggs
  • 1  15-ounce can pumpkin
  • 1  teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2  teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4  teaspoon salt
  • 2  cup semisweet chocolate pieces
  • 1/2 cup of butter 
  • 48  pecan halves- Optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

 
Line a 15x10x1-inch pan or 17x13x1-inch pan (which is what I used) with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. Lightly grease foil. Set pan aside. 

 
 


In a large bowl, use a pastry blender or your fingers to cut 1/2 cup butter into cookie mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  I don't know what a pastry blender is, so I just dug in with my fingers and got the job done!

 
 
 Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until set. 

 
 
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar.


Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.



Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until just combined.


Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.



Stir until all combined...



Pour pumpkin mixture onto the hot crust.


 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until mixture is slightly puffed around edges and just set in center.  Open your oven first before you bring the pan over.


Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.




In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter. (Note, I doubled the original recipe from 1 cup of chocolate and 1/4 cup of butter, there wasn't enough chocolate for the size pan I used)




Microwave on 100% power (high) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened; stir until smooth.







Drizzle chocolate over the cooled bars and carefully spread evenly. If you want, gently press pecan halves evenly across top of bar mixture. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.

Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars, cutting straight down with a large knife.




Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Hope you enjoy this one, I already ate 3 bars!

With love and cupcakes,
Cookteen

1 comment:

  1. those look super nice! i think i might have had more than 3...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails