Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Chocolate Covered Kettle Corn

Last Wednesday was my last day of school before break.  The classes were shortened so the teachers finished all test giving Tuesday.  That basically called for either a "party" or an excuse to bring in yummy goodies in honor of the holidays.  Not many people have tasted the delicious kettle corn I make so I decided to bring some in.  However, this time I drizzled chocolate all over.  (For a reminder on how to make kettle corn or for the actual recipe click here or recipe is below)

I have tried this once before when I had some leftover kettle corn and it was out of this world.  I know leftover kettle corn.  It's unheard of.

Anyways, I figured it would be easy to make since I got had to lifeguard until 7 and it would taste super yummy.

I made 3 batches of Kettle Corn...do you know how much shaking is involved with three batches?! A whole lot! (shown above is just part of one batch fyi!)

Then lay it out on cookie sheets covered in wax paper.
Melt milk chocolate wafers, or whatever melting chocolate you prefer for 1 minute in the microwave.
The take a fork, I use a plastic one to make clean up easier, and drizzle all over.  Make sure you cover the popcorn in the milk chocolate as much as possible because you are only covering one side so the rest of the kernel wont have chocolate on it and you want chocolate in every bite.

Then melt white chocolate wafers (optional) and drizzle on top.  But don't use as much because it's just for color and a little flavor.

tick tock tick tock....


Once COMPLETELY dry, about and hour or two, break up into small pieces.  I packaged them in baggies.  I got 8 baggies froms three batches and was able to hand them out or serve to classes.

Total hit! I think I ate most of it but still it could be because I was carrying around a huge bag of bags of delicious popcorn, who could resist?

 
 

With love and cupcakes,
CookTeen

Recipe:
Ingredients:
  1. Kettle Corn (as many batches as you need --chocolate listings are for 1)
  2. Milk Chocolate
  3. White Chocolate
Directions:
  1. Melt 1 cup of chocolate  on high for 1 minute, stir.  Microwave for an addition 30 seconds if necessary. 
  2. Drizzle on top of the popcorn
  3. Melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate (optional) and drizzle on top.
  4. Let sit for 2 hours, or until completely dry.  Then break into small pieces and store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of kettle corn.

    We will let our customers know how they can customize their next batch.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails