For the Pretzel Muddy Buddies I recommend using the "Snaps" shape. At first I was thinking of using just regular mini pretzels or nuggets but these seemed perfect. It was like love at first sight in the snack aisle...
Follow the same recipe as regualar muddy buddies but substitute the Chex for pretzels.
But in case yaa get confused follow these steps:
Pour the entire bag of pretzels into a giant bowl
Then pour the chocolate, peanut butter and butter mixture on top
Then stir. I like to use two spoons to mix, it makes it simple.
Then spoon the mixture into a giant ziploc baggie
Dump a little less than half a bag (1/2 lb) of powdered sugar into the bag
Transfer to a Tupperware container. I tried to break apart some of the pieces that stuck together and added more powder sugar.
There ya go...The best salty-sweet snack out there.
Just kidding, but it is pretty awesome!
With love and cupcakes,
- 1 Bag Pretzels
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 pound powder sugar
- Put pretzels into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a microwaeable bowl microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovred for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds if needed.
- Pour onto pretzels and mix well
- Place chocolate covered pretzels into a large Ziploc bag and dump 1/2 pound powdered sugar. Shake until coated and place in an airtight container to store.