Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Delicious Passover Deserts: A Passover Recap

Hey there I know Passover is over but I have been swamped with teachers cramming exams in before the marking period and is over and packing for my trip to ITALY!! I leave on Friday!!! It's crazy soon, it seems like yesterday I was signing up for the trip and the countdown was 150 days verses 3! Anyways, Passover is over BUT they are too good to not share! 

These are just some of the deserts and other yumms that me, my mom and my sister made this year for Passover and holy yum were the rad!
Look at that carmelization! Apples, cinnamon, sugar, and walnuts! Currently drooling.

Blondie Lovin'  These were so good, we made them AGAIN on Sunday in a spring form pan for Dumbblondie's Birthday!

And of course we made Cheesecake! However, instead of the delcious Nilla Wafer crust (which totes it NOT kosher for Passover, I made it using Chocolate chip macaroons and butter--the the crust for a chocolate chip cheesecake my Mamma saw in a Passover cookbook.  Here are some step by step photografias to how the crust was born:
1 can of Chocolate chip macaroons
In the food processor
Grinded (I think its ground--oh well)  until the couldn't grind anymore
 
Drizzling melty butter... (2 tablespoons to be exact)
 
All combined
Pat, pat, pat...
e Voila!! 

Confession: I love love love my new camera and I take 47 pictures of the same thing.  For example, I have 17 shots of me pouring the crust into the pans and shmooshing like there is no tomorrow.

Anyways there was lots of other treats on the menu with week:

Madel Bread (with cake meal!) --Perhaps I will share the recipe soon, the only dilemma is that it is on an index card that says "Top Secret"

Brownie "Cake" --No photo but basically it was a passover brownie baked in a spring form pan.  It wasn't thaaat great and I would stick with regular brownies, especially since the holiday is over.

Not baked by the Green Gal's but a Tasti-D-Lite "Ice Cream" cake in honor of the 'Blonde's Birfday
She's a chocolate lover so its Snickers and Brownie Batter with Chocolate chips instead of crunchies--kosher obvs :)

And Passover Popovers:
Below is the recipe for the blondies because it was the best thing ever! I had some tonight even though Passover is over!! Maybe try with regular flour?
That's all for now folks, I hope I can get another post in before I leave but if not next time I post I will be 17!!!! Crazy stuff dude, crazy stuff!!

With love and lots of cupcakes,
CookTeen

Recipe: Passover Blondies (parve)
4 eggs
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract (1 tbsp)
3 teaspoons  baking powder (1 tbsp)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup potato starch
1 cup finely ground walnuts
6 Oz. Semi-Sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Beat eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, oil, potato starch and nuts with an electric mixer until well mixed.  Spread batter intp a greased pan (recipe says 8x8 but I used a 9-inch spring form and a 9x9)  Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.  Poke holes in the batter and bake for 50-60 minutes.

**The second time I added half a bag of Heath Pieces on top--tasted so amazing I did not even know what to say when I ate it.  It was my mom's idea so I can totally brag about how good that addition was ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails