Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Funfetti Cupcake Pops!


 Anyone who knows me, knows that I am cookoo for cake pops, and how cute are these cupcake pops!

Usually, I make them with red velvet cake but this time, in honor of my friend and neighbor,  Elysa's 12th Birthday--I made them using Funfetti Cake Mix, yum!



 Ok, to get started, bake the cake per package instructions in a 13 9 x 2 inch pan, cool completely (I like to bake the cake the day before), crumble cooled cake into a bowl and add 3/4 of a container of store bought cream cheese frosting.  Yes, I said store bought, can you believe it?  Usually, I make my homemade cream cheese frosting, but we had a can on hand, so i tried it and you know what, it was just as good and super easy.




The mixture should look like this....

Once you mix in the frosting...

add a handful or so of sprinkles for extra yumminess.

using this cookie cutter as a guide for size...

Roll all the dough into balls and freeze for 15 minutes

then roll the balls into log shapes and freeze again for 15 minutes...
 
form cupcake shape by pressing log into cookie cutter and smooshing it all the way down and form crown-like top..no other way I can say it...hope the pictures say it better then I?

Once you have made all of the cupcake shapes...place in freezer again for 15 minutes....

Take 5 out of freezer at a time so they don't thaw as you go...

Gather all your decorating materials...you will need, 

Melted milk chocolate bark...to thin out bark, add some shortening...this will help avoid cracking.

White chocolate with your choice of color for "frosting"...I picked pink, of course, because its Elysa's favorite color.

M&M's

Lollipop Sticks

 and pastel colored nonpareils sprinkles

Ok, now for the decorating!
dip the bottom of "cupcake" into milk chocolate as close to the crown as possible
Quickly dip tip of lollipop stick into melted chocolate and place into cupcake...complete 5 at a time and let them dry.  (By doing 5 at a time, they stay cold and are easier to dip and dry quicker) 

Dip crown of cupcake into melted pink chocolate, carefully shake off excess, place an M&M in center on top and add sprinkles....wish I could show you that but you need to do quickly and I couldn't hold the camera and place the sprinkles at same time LOL.

place in a coffee mug to dry...1 down, 23 to go!

Look how pretty they are!

Wrap them in some mini plastic bags from craft store, tie a ribbon and viola...Oh so pretty Funfetti cupcake pops!



With love and cupcakes,
CookTeen

2 comments:

  1. delicious!! friend cookteen on facebook!!!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/CookTeen/214132274809?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made cake pops recently, but now I can't wait to make the cupcake shaped pops.

    Yours look perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails