Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Mini Maple Pancake Muffins

Holy Cannoli! (Literally!) I am leaving for Italy today right after school!  I have a free so I came home to do one last post before I depart and to finish packing up all my stuff.  I am soo excited! Any recommendations of what to eat and where to go? I have an entire free day in Florence to spend shopping and eating! (yummy!) 
I made Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins two ways.  The first is how the recipe is supposed to be but using sugar free maple syrup because thats all I had on hand and 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar when I added the granulated sugar.  Fir the second I mixed in 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar with the melty butter before adding it to the wet ingrediants.


Both batches tasted great however my second (modified) version came out lumpy after they baked.  But if your not worried about appearance the choice is yours!  

Also, the sugar free maple syrup did not take away sweetness and made them lower in the kcal department (each is less than 40 calories just in case you were wondering)

It was a super fluffy batter---and NO mixer!! Yay!

I brought them to a Make-A-Wish walk I was volunteering for (of course on the food committee) and they seemed to go over well as a nice breakfast treat.

I made 2 large ones too--these were AWESOME...Daddy Green and I devoured in 3 minutes (Had to snapp the photo first lol)

But guess where I am off to now! ITALY!!!!  I will be back on the 17th (aka my 17TH BIRTHDAY!) with lots of photos of my adventure.  Have a great week everyone!!

With love and cupcakes,
 CookTeen

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins.

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk.
  • In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
  • Bake for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.
Let cool slightly and remove from the pan. You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.
Serve immediately with warmed butter if you like or even just with maple syrup.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this recipe around and have wanted to give it a try for my pancake lovin' children.

    Have a fun and safe trip!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails