Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Brownie Goody Bars & Lacrosse Dinner

 Last week I asked my mom to throw a dinner for my Lacrosse team.  We were going to be playing our rival team, OT and I wanted to make sure we had every advantage to win this time!   It took some extra convincing because she just finished helping me with the Bake for the Quake take 2 sale (which was a huge success and raised over $160, see facebook fan page for photos!)

The trade off was, she agreed to make the dinner if I made the desserts...which was not much of a trade off since, as you know, making the desserts is my favorite part.




 I came across a recipe on the back of a box of Betty Crocker® brownies we had in the pantry called Brownie Goody Bars and just had to make them.  (I also made the snickerdoodle cake that my mom made for my birthday and my friend Marissa brought over her furnoodles that are like a magic cookie bar but different and frozen and are a family recipe secret...I hope one day she will share this recipe with us!)

 You will need:
1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie mix
1 Container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
3 cups of crisp rice cereal
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 13x9-inch pan with pam.

 Bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.

 Frost brownies with frosting.  

 Coarsely chop 3/4 cup of peanuts.  (Next time I make these, I am going to try peanut butter chips instead)

Sprinkle with peanuts, refrigerate. 

Meanwhile, measure 3 cups of cereal, add to a large bowl and set aside.

Measure out 1 cup creamy peanut butter...
add to saucepan

add 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips to sauce pan and...

melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stiring constantly.

Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.

 Spread over frosted brownies and dig in (don't be scarred to get your hands dirty...that's the best part!)

make sure the rice crispie mixture is evenly coated.

Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set before cutting.  If there are any left overs, store covered in refrigerator.



Unfortunately, we lost the game the next day by 1 goal to our sister school rivals...but at least we had a yummy dinner!


With love & cupcakes,
Cookteen







































Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™








































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails